Where: Place container curbside or in alley
Who: Interstate Waste d.b.a Advance Disposal - (800) 523-4290 or (866) 342-5497
What: Branches and carpet must be cut to no longer than 3ft. in length and bundled
Building materials and/or car parts not accepted with regular trash pick-up
Freon needs to be removed from refrigerators and air conditioners
Proof of Freon removal must be attached to item (sticker and invoice)
Paint must be dried (lids off)
Cans and/or trash bags should not exceed 50 lbs.
Q: Where can I find the Trash/Recycling Schedule?
A: Download the 2013 Interstate Waste d.b.a Advance Disposal Schedule here (.pdf)
When: Every other Friday for all residents in the Borough
What: Glass aluminum and bi-metal cans tin cans and plastic bottles can be placed in green yellow or blue recycling can only. All newspapers may be bundled or placed in a clean plastic bag and placed on top of the recycling can. All corrugated cardboard should be broken down flat in bundles no larger than 2' x 3'
Please place recycling container on curbside or in alley.
Residents are asked to NOT MIX garbage and recyclables in the same container. Please keep garbage and recyclables separated and in separate containers. If using a garbage can for recycling, please mark the can as “RECYCLING” so the haulers know it is in fact recycling and not garbage.
Begins approximately the second week in October and ends approximately the last week in November weather permitting. Residents are asked to place all leaves at curb in street Please wait until all leaves have fallen from all the trees on your property. Please do not park on leaves.
In spring of each year the Borough sweeps all of the streets on a rotating basis. Watch for 'No Parking' signs being posted in your area.
To All Lehighton Borough Residents and Businesses within the Borough Limits
Snow Ordinance 2014 - 2015 Winter Season - Download (.pdf)
I would like to take this opportunity prior to the start of the winter snow season to make you aware of some changes that will take place with the first significant snow fall. We are diligently trying to improve snow plowing/removal in the borough to make traveling our roads safer and with the least amount of obstacles i.e. snow piles at corner of streets and driveways or at the curbline causing vehicle to be parked in the travel lanes of the road. With this in mind here are the changes that will go in effect with the FIRST FORECASTED SNOWFALL OF THREE (3) INCHES OR MORE:
1. ODD/EVEN parking will be done . When a snowfall of three (3) inches or more is forecasted, you will have until 7 a.m. to move your car to the appropriate side of the street.
(A) If the snowfall is expected on an odd numbered calendar day, you will park on the side of the street with the odd numbered houses.
(B) If the snowfall is expected on an even numbered calendar day, you will park on the side of the street with the even numbered houses.
Should the snowfall be forecasted over night, you will have until 7 a.m. to move your car to the appropriate side of the street.
2. A fine of twenty-five dollars ($25) will be imposed for those who do not move their vehicles.
3. After the first two (2) snowfalls of three (3) inches or more the fines will go up to fifty dollars ($50) and your vehicle will be towed at your expense.
4. Sidewalks - A pathway of at least three (3) foot must be shoveled within 48 hours after the snow stops falling. This is also required where sidewalks do not exist on certain properties within the borough. A fine of fifty dollars ($50) will be imposed plus costs. This is for the safety of our residents and school children so they do not have to walk in the streets.
PLOWING OF PARKING SPACES, DRIVEWAYS, COMMERCIAL BUSINESSES & PARKING LOTS
***There is no charge for the permit***
***Permits can be obtained in the Borough Secretary's Office, 1 Constitution Avenue**
1. Plowing by borough residents of parking spaces - will require a permit and proof of insurance with a rider for snow plowing on it, valid driver license, make/model of vehicle, address of parking spaces being plowed.
2. Plowing of driveways - no snow will be plowed onto the travel lanes of the roadway. Any snow must be feathered into the curbline. NO PILING OF SNOW ALLOWED ON EITHER SIDE OF A DRIVE WAY.
3. Plowing of snow in front of commercial businesses and/or parking lots - must be plowed onto the business' property.
(A) If this cannot be done the SNOW MUST BE REMOVED AT TIME OF PLOWING. A removal truck must be there with the plow truck to haul away the snow. NO PILES ARE TO BE LEFT ON THE STREET.
*****ALL VIOLATORS OF THE NEW ORDINANCE WILL BE FINED $100 PLUS COST FOR EACH OCCURRENCE*****
Questions and concerns can be addressed by contacting Brenda L. Koons, Borough Secretary at 610-377-4002 ext. 211 Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
SNOW PLOWING GUIDELINES
Anyone wishing to plow within the Borough of Lehighton are required to do the following things:
1. Register with the Borough of Lehighton
2. Provide valid drivers license for copy
3. Provide valid insurance w/rider for plowing if plowing a commercial business
OR valid car insurance only for plowing parking spaces
3. Provide phone number
4. List all areas you will be plowing and when (Date/time)
5. NO PILES ANY WHERE
6. If temporary pile is made for removal, truck must be present at the time to remove the pile immediately
7. If not removed immediately you will be cited by the police department
8. Snow must be feathered back from the roadway to curbline
9. Fire hydrants, driveways, intersections and street corners are not to be blocked at any time
10. You are not allowed to put/pile snow on private property unless the property owner gives you written permission Copy of permission letter for Borough required
***NO SNOW IS TO BE PLOWED ONTO BOROUGH STREETS***
**** YOU WILL BE CITED BY POLICE****
Lehighton Borough has many parks, playgrounds and recreational facilities The Grove located on the Iron Street in between Seventh and Eighth Street has a large playground, volleyball court, basketball court, tennis courts , a pavilion with picnic tables, and new comfort stations. In July of each year the Borough hosts a supervised playground program for all local children, which includes sports and crafts.
The Recreation Center is also located in the same area as the Grove. The center is multi-purpose recreational facility to be enjoyed by individuals, groups and organizations of the Lehighton Area. Basketball, volleyball, and pools are some of the services available at the center. There is also meeting room space. Call 610-377-0633 for hours and reservations that may be needed.
Skyline Park is a small playground located at the end of North Third Street.
Baer Memorial Park is located on the western end of Bridge Street. A large baseball and football field is situated in the lower filed. Our Community Swimming Pool is located in the same area. The Upper & Lower Parks surrounding the Municipal Building boasts many park benches for relaxation with a comforting fountain in the Lower Park Borough Hall is located in Upper Park. Incorporated in the rear of the stone building is an outdoor theater gallery the Amphitheater. The Amphitheater is a perfect location for concerts and celebrations.
A moving permit is required when a resident is moving into or outside the borough. The cost of the permit if $5.00.
New residents must apply in person for utility service. A security deposit for a property owner is not required. A driver's license and some form of picture ID is needed to apply.
All tenants, residential and commercial, are required to apply in person for utility service. A security deposit is required at time of application.
Posting of Yard Sale Signs or any other type of signs, posters or banners, etc. on utility poles, light posts, sign or sign posts owned by the borough or any other public utility or entity is illegal and subject to a fine PER sign regardless of the method of attachment.The Borough of Lehighton recognizes that posting of signs, banners, ect. on utility poles, light posts and sign posts within the Borough serve as a distraction to the motoring public. Download the sign ordinance.